THE GREEK GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM
The Greek Golden Visa program
enables an entire non-EU family, including
dependent children up to age 21 and the parents of both spouses, to obtain
permanent residency status in Greece with a real estate investment of just €250,000.
It is the most competitive permanent residency scheme in Europe. The permit is
permanent as long as the buyer keeps possession and is renewed every 5 years by
presenting to the authority the title deed of the property.
The Greek Golden Visa
program requires a real estate investment of
€250,000 (net of vat). The investment can be made in land, off-plan, new or
resale properties as long as the minimum value is met. Investors have the
right to sell the property before the expiration of 5 years to another foreign
citizen, who can also apply for permanent residency, however, the original
investor must forfeit their permit to do so.
- In cases of joint ownership, where the value of the property is €250,000, the residence permit is only granted if the owners are spouses with undivided ownership of the property. In all other cases of joint ownership, the Golden Visa in Greece is only granted if the amount invested by each of the joint owners is at least €250,000.
- If the owner has acquired the property through a legal entity, the applicant must own 100% of the company shares.
- Either a single or multiple properties with a combines value exceeding €250,000 are applicable.
Our Law Firm with our associates (notaries, real estate agents, engineers, accountants) will
guide you throughout the way to fulfil your investment in Greece. Our Law Firm will conduct:
- The legal check for the chosen property, concerning the registration of it in the corresponding Land Registry and the legal status of it.
- The study, preparation and signing of any kind private contracts (reservation agreement, promissory purchase contract) or public ones (purchase deed).
Besides the legal check of the property, we are dealing with the following necessary actions:
- We arrange on behalf of the investor and his family members, who are to apply for the Golden Visa the appointment with the notary in order to sign the Power of Attorney (PoA), so we deal with the whole purchase procedure without their presence.
- We handle all the bureaucracy to issue a tax ID. The investor needs the tax ID in order to purchase a real estate property and deal with the public sector.
- We arrange all the details with the bank officers for the investor, in order to open a bank account under their name just in one meeting.
- We represent the investor during the whole procedure of the property purchase (pre-agreement, legal check, deposit agreement, final contract, registration of the property at the Land Registry).
- We accompany the investor and their family members to all the necessary appointments for the Golden Visa, dealing with all the bureaucracy.
Documents needed for the Greek Golden Visa:
- Valid copy of passport.
- 3 recent colour photographs.
- Copy of the final sales contract of property or properties with minimum value of €250,000.
- Transfer Certificate (of title deed) from the Land Registry.
- Residence Permit Application: €2,000 per adult person.
For the applicant’s family members (spouse, children):
- Additional recent certificate of marital status, translated and stamped APOSTILE, proving the relationship.
The applicant can sign the final sales contract and submit the application of RP through a power of attorney.
For further information, please contact us.